Saturday, May 2, 2009

Med chem made me homesick. RITE. =.=

Was at starbucks for the whole day today...
not to chill but to study...
and for the whole day... i kept thinking of home... CRAP..

When we were having dinner at pappa rich,
the cafe was playing this song that mum once taught me how to sing...
"Lord I'm one.. lord I'm two.. lord I'm three..
lord I'm four.. Lord I'm 500 miles.. away from home.. "

such GREAT timing..
and then...
it played another one..
this time.. it's dad's all time singing aloud fave...
"Country roads.. Take me home.. To the place... I belong.."

Coincidence or what? =.=

and then back at starbucks.. when i was so ENGROSSED in tetracyclines...
i saw this family of four walking in.. and they just sat and chilled while having coffee..
it just reminds me of how mum and dad, han and i used to have dinner together and how we would go for coffee and just talk... shit.. i hate to admit this.. but i miss home... =(

So yeah.. tetracyclines.. It needs four rings to exhibit activity.. ring C cannot be aromatized if not activity is lost... C-5 is to improve pharmacokinetic properties... C-7 if added with an electron withdrawing group or electron donating group will enhance activity.. C-6 uhmm... if OH is removed, more acid stable... correct ar? whatever... =.= now that i have vague memory of tetracyclines.. i think i've forgotten about aminoglycosides... =( oh med chem...

Maybe.. Med chem made me miss home. RITE. CRAP.

signing off. nitez.

-1 Ling-

2 comments:

anian said...

emoooo..

Janning said...

hahah and tetracyclines didnt come out. haha. it was a sign la gal. to just relax. it's not that bad. hahahaahahah. =) thats why...no need to study that hard. lol. ok don't listen to me. lol.