Monday, October 20, 2008

I wish i can see your smile again.. : )

Sitting at my desk,
staring blankly at my notes,
my thoughts drift..

Vividly..
I see your smile,
carved so nicely on your face..

I remembered how you always love to sit at the couch,
in the corner of the living room,
with the newspaper in your hands..
You always seem so engrossed in it.

When you're tired of reading,
you'd lean back on the couch,
with your eyes close..
Age seems to be catching up with you.

I used to sit at the table in the living room,
doing my homework, watching tv..
And sometimes..
Just to watch you sleep so peacefully..

You always narrate great tales of the past,
and keep me informed with the latest news.
From politics to sports to the famous celebrities,
you seem to know it all...

When i come home, happily telling you about my success,
You'd smile, clap and award me with a prize.
I was so happy then, beaming with pride..
I've always feel proud.. to be the apple of your eye..

Now that you're not by my side,
i miss you dearly..
but i know you're in a better place..
watching me.. guiding me..
as i wander down the path of my life..

Ah gong, I wish i can see your smile again.. : )


-1 Ling-

7 comments:

DaVIdnG said...

speechless...

i like this post..

andrewL said...

Well written..
Don't worry.. im sure you'll see a glimpse of his joy when u look in the mirror and do this --> :-)

彦霓::yen-nee said...

:'(

miss grandpa dearly too...

彦霓::yen-nee said...

by the way, 1 ling xiao jie, jia you oh! all the best!

Anonymous said...

hey wan ling..nice post..=)

-1 Ling- said...

man: wah... so nan de... see a nice comment... ;p but seriously... thnx.. : )

andrew: haha... i'll try that... n thnx... : )

yen nee: jia you 2 u oso... : )

m-y: thnx... : )

Ellen said...

how touching~ all da best, wan ling. =)